Maple Pecan Granola
Today we’re talking about something serious – morning eating. Do you like breakfast? I’m one of those annoying people that’s able to eat anything that’s put in front of them pretty much about three seconds after I wake up. That could be anything from cold pizza slices to maple pecan granola to chocolate or even pasta. I’m not talking about just eating at regular morning eating hours, I mean that if I get up at two in the morning & start functioning then I have to eat something or I’ll accidentally kill someone in a state of grumpiness. Isn’t that joyous?
Usually I end up shoveling some sort of cereal into my mouth before I have to rush off to work for the day, but some days I get to have something that tiny bit more exciting. On weekends, it’s Boyfriend’s delicious blueberry pancakes, but on days when I feel like being a proper-grown-up-that-takes-care-of-herself, it’s maple pecan granola. It’s easy peasy to throw together & it is so worth the small amount of effort that goes into making it. This is how we adult!
This granola made it’s way into my life about two years ago & has been pretty much constantly in the back of my mind until I made it again last week. Why did I wait for so long to make it again? I’ll never know. I’m sharing it here so you can experience the joys it brings. You’ll love the deliciously crunchy mixture of oats & pecans, especially when paired with creamy yogurt.
Now, I have some good news & some bad news. Let’s do the bad first & the good second. The bad news: there won’t be a blog post next Wednesday. I know, you’re devastated, right? Totes. I’m heading off to Italy tomorrow & I never got around to pre-writing a post to share. Time flies when you spend all your time watching movies & eating chocolate – it’s a hard life. The good news: you can follow along with our Italian adventures on my Instagram! Boyfriend & I are visiting Bologna, Florence & Siena, and I plan on eating all the food I can get my hands on! So check it out if you want to be jealous, basically.
Ciao for now!
Maple Pecan Granola
- 2.5 cups jumbo oats
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 150C. Cover a large baking sheet with a layer of baking parchment; set aside.
- Combine the oats, maple syrup, sugar, oil, cinnamon, & salt in a large bowl & stir together – being sure to leave the pecans out.
- Spread the oat mixture onto the prepared sheet & bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes. At the halfway mark, stir the chopped pecans into the mixture.
- Remove from the oven & allow to cool completely. Err on the side of caution with granola, as it’s one of those things that continues cooking after it comes out of the oven. I always pull mine out just as it starts to gain that beautiful golden glow. Happy breakfasting!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to know! Please leave a comment & a rating below, or tag me on Instagram @imvcki. Thank you so much for supporting Passionate Baker!