Perfect All-Butter Shortbread from Blooms & Baking
Hello, lovely friends. How are you this week? I hope this post finds you happy, relaxed, and lightly freckled from the summer sun. I know we’re only on the third day of the week, but we’ve been having such a lovely one so far. Boyfriend joined me in the kitchen for a spot of baking, I had real in-person drinks with friends, and I got some good work done on a couple upcoming posts. And it’s only Wednesday. I think this bodes well for the rest of my week – right?
Today, I wanted to share a recipe with you for Perfect All-Butter Shortbread. I mentioned it briefly in July’s Monthly Musings post, but I’m going to preach about this recipe until everyone I know is convinced. It comes from my latest cookbook purchase – Amy Ho’s Blooms and Baking Cookbook – and is hands down the most ridiculously delicious shortbread I’ve ever tried. “Perfect” is not a statement I make lightly.
I’ve made this shortbread twice now. Once for Boyfriend’s mom’s birthday, and once for tea with my family. It was such a success both times that there were hardly any leftovers, sadly. Buttery, crumbly, light, melt-in-your-mouth, perfection. It’s so easy to make it’s almost laughable, yet also luxurious enough to be gifted to your friends. You’ll just have to take my word for it – this is the perfect all-butter shortbread recipe.
Brb, just talked myself into whipping up another batch. Enjoy!
Print this recipe here, or below!
Perfect All-Butter Shortbread
- 105 g plain flour
- 30 g cornflour
- 127 g salted butter, very soft
- 65 g granulated sugar, divided
- crushed rose petals, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 165C & grease and line a 9×5-inch loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and the cornflour; set aside.
- Using an electric whisk or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter together with 39g of the sugar on a medium speed for about 30-seconds, or until creamy. Add the flour mixture into the bowl & mix on low speed until a smooth dough has formed, about 1-minute.
- Spread the dough evenly into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the edges and top are a very light golden brown.
- Leave the shortbread to cool in the pan for about 25-minutes, or until warm to the touch. Sprinkle the remaining 26g of sugar over the warm shortbread & tilt the pan around so that it is evenly covered. Gently use the parchment paper to lift the warm shortbread out of the tin. Using a sharp knife, cut the shortbread into even sized fingers, about 1.5-inches thick. Leave to cool completely before serving.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to know! Please leave a comment & a rating below, or tag me on Instagram @imvcki. Thank you so much for supporting Passionate Baker!
PS, shout-out to my sister for the wonderful hand modelling! You did great, Kid!
3 thoughts on “Perfect All-Butter Shortbread from Blooms & Baking”
Loving the colour theme of these photos! “Lightly freckled from the summer sun”? hahaha I wish
And it was fab!
Lovely shortbread. Great pics. Hand model a bit stiff.