Lime Loaf Cake | An Everyday Cake
Hello friends! I hope this post finds you with a coffee in your hand and a hankering for a nice sweet slice of cake. My offering to you today comes in the form of this humble Lime Loaf Cake. Ultimately: it’s a yogurt cake, flavoured with the smallest hint of lime. It takes just over an hour to make, all in. It’s un-fussy to the extreme, and its very existence makes me feel comforted. A humble, everyday cake.
I’m leaving the recipe for this Lime Loaf Cake here in case you find yourself in a similar predicament to me recently: needing to therapy bake, but looking for something simple & forgiving. You know, definitely nothing as complicated as Choux au Craquelin, not even as complicated as Buttermilk Cake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting, but a little more complex than making Fruity Ice Cubes. That’s what we have here. Simple to whisk up, perfectly moist (sorry/not sorry), and also somehow familiar and comforting. A perfect mid-week kind of cake – of this I am certain.
Happy baking, friends!
Lime Loaf Cake
for the cake:
- 225 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 1.5 limes, zested
- 150 grams full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams salted butter, melted & cooled slightly
for the glaze:
- 100 grams icing sugar, sifted
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Butter & flour a 9×5 loaf tin; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour & the baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar & the lime zest, ensuring the zest is evenly dispersed. Add the eggs, yogurt, & melted butter to the sugar and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour mix to the egg mixture & stir until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin & bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the loaf is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10-minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl, use a fork to combine the icing sugar and lime juice – using more lime juice for a runnier glaze. When the cake is cooled, use an offset spatula or spoon to spread the glaze evenly over the top.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to know! Please leave a comment & a rating below, or tag me on Instagram @imvcki. Thank you so much for supporting Passionate Baker!
If you make this Lime Loaf Cake, I’d love for you to share it with me on Instagram! Tag me @imvcki, or use the hashtag #passionatebakerrecipes.