Ultimate Fudge Brownies
Basically, I took some time off. I relaxed, I watched movies, I ate my weight in cookie dough. I mean, that’s what the holidays are for, right? And let me tell you, it was glorious. But now that the holidays are long over it’s time to pull my socks up & start being productive again – you ready? I’m gonna start the new year as I mean to go on… with super excellently delicious brownies, obviously. Ultimate Fudge Brownies, if you will.
I am hesitant to use the word ‘ultimate’, but you’ll just have to trust me on this one: these are the best fudge brownies I have ever come across. They are outrageously good, and I’ve yet to find a taste-tester who hasn’t loved them. A papery thin crackly top, a fudgy & dense centre – is there anything more delicious? Sometime I like to under-bake them just the tiniest bit so I can get that gooey melt in the mouth bite of perfection.
Makes 16 perfect brownies | Recipe by Passionate Baker
- 250g of dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300g of butter, cut into cubes
- 5 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 250g of caster sugar
- 80g of plain flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 180C & grease & line a 9x9inch square baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate & butter together.
- While the chocolate mixture melts down, whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, & sugar in a large bowl until thoroughly combined & pale in colour.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the eggs mixture & stir together with a whisk.
- Using a spatula, fold the flour into the mixture & pour into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until the top is papery & the centre is still gooey with a slight wibble.
- Leave the brownies to cool completely in the tin.
*POST EDITED IN MAY 2020. STILL DELICIOUS!