Chorizo & Roasted Pepper Quesadillas
Do you ever have those nights when you’re in bed & all you want to do is sleep, but your mind won’t stop thinking? That happened to me the other night. For some reason I just could not stop thinking about quesadillas.
This was strange for a few different reasons. The first one being that I prior to making these quesadillas, I had never actually had a quesadilla. So it didn’t make sense for me to be craving one. Secondly, I knew I wasn’t going to be home for lunch for the next day, so in order to make this babies I had to figure out a way of transporting all the necessary food ingredients to Bosco’s without them getting damaged in my bag. It’s like I wanted to make life difficult for myself.
After some crafty packing of the vital ingredients, everything survived the two bus journeys and the dangers of college before safely arriving at Bosco’s house. I know, I’m practically Superwoman.
Bosco was as confused about my quesadilla craving as I was, but he complied. Ten minutes later we were sitting down to a big plate full of chorizo & roasted pepper quesadillas with a side of tomato salsa. We used both brown & white tortillas for these and, as you can see from the pictures, the white ones got slightly more crisped up than the brown ones. Oh well, they were all gobbled up eagerly nonetheless. We added in onion & garlic for an extra bit of flavour, as well as a big helping of cheese. Who doesn’t love seeing cheese ooze out of their lunch? I know I certainly do. (Mmm, cheese.) The recipe for these quesadillas can be found below, enjoy!
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 200g of cheese, grated
- 200g of chorizo, chopped
- 1 roasted pepper, cut into chunks
- olive oil
- In a frying pan, heat up a little olive oil. Fry the onion until soft, add the garlic & the roasted pepper & cook for 4ish minutes more. Season to taste & remove from the pan.
- Spread a quarter of the mixture onto half of each tortilla & sprinkle (generously) with cheese. Fold the tortilla over, resulting in a half moon shape.
- Add a little more oil to the frying pan & place over a high heat. One at a time, put the tortillas into the frying pan & cook until golden and crisp & the cheese is melted.
- Cut each tortilla into three wedges & serves with a salsa of your choice.