Cantaloupe Agua Fresca
I hope everyone had an excellent Cinco de Mayo yesterday & celebrated with lots of Mexican style food & drink! Even though the holiday’s officially over, that doesn’t mean we still can’t enjoy a good Mexican beverage every now & again, such as this Cantaloupe Agua Fresca.
I’m going to keep this short because I have my first exam tomorrow
& I’ve barely started studying yet & I have lots to do. So. Agua Fresca can more or less be made with any fruit you want once you combine it with ice, sugar, water & a little bit of lime juice – simple, right? I had some cantaloupe in the house, but next time I’ll probably try out a strawberry flavoured one.
The Boyf & I added lots of lime juice to ours, but the amounts are easily changed if for some strange reason you’d rather less lime,
what’s wrong with you? I also found that it tasted better with lots of ice thrown in on top. I swear, it tasted like summer.
- Half a ripe cantaloupe (or other small melon), diced
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cups crushed Ice
- juice of ½ – ¾ a lime per person
- extra ice, to serve
- Combine the melon, water, sugar & ice in a blended & blend on high until smooth (rather slushy) & all the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into 4 glasses, add in the lime juice & stir well.
- Add in a few more ice cubes & serve immediately.